My research activity is focused on the study of formal tools for specifying and verifying qualitative and quantitative properties of concurrent and distributed systems with an emphasis on large scaled Cyber Physical Systems.
Main topics of such researches are:
- study of process calculi and their semantics for modelling qualitative and quantitative aspects of concurrent and distributed systems;
- definition of formal tools, like modal logics and related model-checking algorithms, for specifying and verifying properties of concurrent and distributed systems;
- development of tools for supporting the (semi-)automatic analysis;
- definition of core languages, which are equipped with primitives inspired by process calculi, for programming network-aware distributed applications;
- development of frameworks for supporting the development of runtime environments for programming languages based on process algebras.